Belzona 5871 is a two-component, polymeric, solvent free system providing a thermal insulation barrier with corrosion protection and thermal and sub- zero “cool-to-touch” properties.
This material is designed to be applied to metal pipework, ducting and other industrial equipment. Belzona 5871 is thermally insulating, providing protection against contact-burn injuries, eliminates corrosion/CUI, condensation and anti-icing, improving safety and durability.
Belzona 5871 can be applied by brush, cartridge or plural spray, expanding upon application to produce a lightweight, closed-cell foam. This reduces the surface temperature of metallic substrates to below 60°C (140°F) whilst providing corrosion protection.
- Excellent corrosion resistance prevents corrosion and eliminates corrosion under insulation (CUI)
- Belzona 5871 can be brush or spray-applied, for both small, complex geometries or rapid application over a large area
- Thermal and sub-zero cool-to-touch properties provide worksite personal protection and safety against contact-burn injuries
- Expands up to three times the thickness it was originally applied, reducing the numbers of layers needed compared to conventional coating systems
- Thermal insulation reduces the amount of heat transfer through a surface, increasing the efficiency of equipment
- Solvent-free system
Applications for Belzona 5871
- Tank/Vessel Externals
- Industrial machinery and equipment